20100531

a new name


in a thousand stones I discern more than a thousand faces. i see the face of beauty and things grotesque; all manner of beasts and the fairest wonders. they press in all around me, each asking my name. when not one is left upon another, how many will know.


I am drawn toward every side by things pleasing to look upon, magnificent distractions seeking my embrace, and I am pressed on, threatened, taunted from every direction by loathsome and detestable apparitions that by any means I might be moved from my place. Setting themselves against the knowledge of God they test my resolve as His Son. With all that is in their power they strive to convince me that I am anything other than a sovereign, but my authority and obedience are one in that name which is over every other. I am a wind that’s shakes the very foundations of this world and all its inhabitants. My response to, “What is your name”, differs none from that which I will answer to, “Where is your God?” 

I AM.

No comments: