20100804

you alone

If I were gone today, I would profit no less than all I could gather to myself in a lifetime.

If I were to suffer every day for many days, I would suffer no less than what I deserve.

So I will Father, that you draw me into the service of your son in whatever manner best serves your purposes, knowing that even suffering and death bless me in you.

Hallowed be your name.  At the mention of your name let your children tremble with rejoicing; let the enemy be struck with awe and stilled.

Let me not trust in my methods of reaching you, but in waiting upon your spirit, you, your presence.  Let my eyes look only to you, my understanding only to you.

I am waiting on you. You alone are my source.
For everything I must do, be, have, say, You alone are my source.
And you will come, you are able.
Don't delay! Don't delay!
Hurry to my rescue!
You alone are my source.

Don't let my confidence find rest in any other. Teach me to wait for you.
Let me not think I'll find satisfaction in any other.  Teach me to wait on you.

No comments: